Schulte Staffing Solutions is seeking experienced mechanical/dimensional inspectors for our client in Newington, NH. Our client is a leading manufacturer of world-renowned firearms. Opportunities are currently available in both their Newington and Exeter, NH locations. These are DIRECT HIRE opportunities with a growing company. 1st, 2nd and weekend shifts available!
Responsible for all aspects of quality inspection of firearms components, products, and production process, using traditional and advanced metrology tools and techniques. Highly knowledgeable and experienced in common metrology; drawing interpretation using Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T); instrument calibration; inspection planning; and measurement support for problem-solving activities. Includes production support; data collection and analysis; troubleshooting and root cause analysis; and workplace organization and safety.
- Act to improve daily work processes to enhance quality and productivity, and satisfy customer needs and expectations; look for cost reduction and service improvements; eliminate non-value added work; encourage others to do the same
- Correct loading and operating CMM (Coordinate Measurement Machine) with established programs. This includes verifying and communicating results and training others as required.
- Use corrective action system and basic problem-solving techniques to resolve deficiencies found during job function. Add value to problem-solving teams through knowledge, selection, and use of applicable inspection techniques.
- Correct operation-programming of advanced measurement systems from OEM (original equipment manufacturer) written instructions and/or training.
- Develop, document and implement expedient methods of inspection in order to maintain product flow in accordance with company directives. This includes developing fixtures and gauges and training less experienced inspectors in their use.
- Using the company operating system to generate inquiries, perform the movement of material, create job routings and any other function required to perform job duties.
- Review inspection data to assure integrity and investigate/resolve discrepancies found during the part inspection. Identify and apply methods to establish a correlation between measuring instruments/techniques as required.
- Select and use specialized inspection equipment, such as profilometers, hardness testers, optical comparators, and vision systems, as required.
- Efficient/effective planning and performance of complex mechanical inspection for determination of product acceptability, in accordance with company standards. In doing so, identify, select and use a variable, attribute and transfer gages, as well as surface plate tools and techniques for performing inspections.
- Participate in 5S Workplace organizational activities and maintain the area in good working order through sustainment activities.
- Other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Drawing/blueprint reading, including solid and demonstrable working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Entry level armorer understanding of company product to facilitate the use of judgment in determining product acceptability in subjective situations.
- Knowledge and experience with the use of CMM.
- Use of Zeiss CMM systems and basic programming knowledge a plus.
- Basic MS Word and Excel skills.