Schulte Staffing Solutions is seeking a production lead for our client in Salem. This is a direct hire opportunity.
- Shift 2:30 PM – 11:00 PM
Position Summary: Under general direction has responsibility for ensuring that production requirements are met, and a safe/clean work environment is maintained. Plans, coordinates, and controls production activities in the assigned work area to achieve established management goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Actively manages customized inventory control systems* Manages production levels and inventory flow through assigned production lines* Reports and logs results of finished goods in all areas of the testing department* Assumes daily responsibilities as a Production Operator
- Operates production lines to achieve optimum efficiency and product quality.
- Communicates with previous shift operators and supervisors to exchange information on process conditions and other pertinent issues.
- Informs supervision of any unusual changes in process conditions, mechanical or electrical failures or malfunctions, etc.
- Responsible for checking equipment to make sure it is working correctly, clean out equipment periodically and prepares material for product change.
- The operator is required to segregate product according to testing standards accurately.
- Package, label and move material to correct processing areas.
- Maintain the on-line Process Logbooks for the work shift.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
* High School diploma* Manufacturing and production experience a plus.* Must meet the physical requirements including, but not limited to lifting, walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs.
* This position requires great attention to detail* Must be capable of being trained to operate a forklift and payloader* Must be able to lift 55 pound boxes* Must be able to work in an environment with dust exposure, hot work area in summer* Must be able to wear required ESD clothing and accessories* Must have good verbal and written communication skills* Ability to multitask in a fast passed environment* Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- High school or equivalent
- Production/Manufacturing: 3 years