Schulte Staffing Solutions is seeking qualified candidates as a chemical mixer/operator. Our client is a manufacturer of industrial coatings and adhesives based in Lynn, MA.
This position is responsible for the safety and quality manufacturing of polyurethane polymers and adhesives for industrial use, including batch mixing, equipment operations and packaging of the end product.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Batch mixing of chemicals in the production of polyurethane polymers and adhesives by utilizing standard operating procedures
- Equipment operations, including start-up and shut-down of process equipment while maintaining/documenting/controlling the manufacturing process
- Stage, Weigh, Use, and Add raw materials to various containers
- Performing packaging functions of different products and containers
- Transferring stock via the use of a forklift and other powered industrial equipment
- Cleaning of reactors and vessels
- Must be able to work 8 to 12-hour shifts. Weekend and other overtime work may be required
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment including safety shoes, safety glasses, hard hats, dust mask, rubber gloves, face shields, respiratory and other protective equipment as required
- Work safely when performing job responsibilities
- Must be able to move 500-pound drums after proper PHYSICAL training manually
- Cleaning involves the use of hand scrapers and other tools for cleaning
- Ability to wear various types of respirators (cartridge, fresh air, or self-contained). Facial hair around the sealing surface of the respirator is not allowed
- Must have sufficient ability and strength to operate process equipment, turn valves, etc.
- Must be able to operate lift truck and hand tools, such as drills, pliers, screwdrivers, and scrapers
- Must be able to read and understand process batch sheets containing product process directions and safety precautions
- Must be able to write legibly and record results accurately
- Required to stand up to 90% of working day with frequent walking, intermittent stopping and bending while operating equipment, drumming, etc.
Must be able to tolerate the elements as you would be going in and out of buildings at times.
- Material handling experience in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Must be able to lift and stack 50-55 lb drums/pails and bags in substantial quantities
- Inventory control skills experience
- Forklift driving experience required
- HAZWOPER experience a plus
- High school diploma, GED or verification of specific knowledge
- Have no known sensitivity or history of skin or respiratory allergies to dust, dirt, or chemicals to which there may be workplace exposure if an allergic reaction could create a safety or health hazard
- Must be able to hear process, fire and fork truck alarms; also, plant page system
- Good math and communication skills
- Lynn, MA
- High school or equivalent
- Forklift Operator: 1 year
- Chemical Operator: 1 year
- Inventory: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Driver’s License