Schulte Staffing Solutions is seeking a design engineer for a client in Peabody. This is a direct hire with a great client.
Candidates must possess a keen understanding of electromechanical motion products with exceptional attention to detail. Hands-on assembly and test experience are a plus. Knowledge of the dynamics of motion and a fundamental understanding of Precision Power Transmission components will also be expected. Ability to function in an aggressive and fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Create precise and accurate design proposals and documentation for manufacturing, including detail and assembly drawings
- Analyze application requirements from customers and recommend suitable solutions and products
- BOM creation
- Oversee prototype and first-time manufacture of designs
REQUIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
- Superior drawing skills
- Advanced SolidWorks knowledge required.
- Strong exposure to a mechanical engineering or manufacturing environment
- Solid CAD, GD&T, and understanding of ANSI standards
- Knowledge of mechanical power transmission and motion control components a plus
- Understanding of machine shop practice with some hands-on experience in assembly and machining a plus
- Familiar with documentation processes
- Experience with aerospace engineering is a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSME or equivalent/related proven capability and experience
- Certification in SolidWorks and AutoCAD Essentials
- Certification in GD&T
- 5+ years of hands-on experience