Schulte Staffing Solutions is seeking a quality inspector for our client in Amesbury, MA. Our client is the leading supplier of RF and EMI absorbing material for commercial and defense applications. This is a great temp to perm opportunities in a hands-on environment. Excellent benefits are offered once perm!
- Perform inspection/testing of incoming, in-process and finished product and materials to verify conformity to specifications/characteristics; such as appearance, labeling, documentation, dimensions, performance, mechanical, electrical, or chemical properties
- Read and interpret engineered drawings/ schematics/formulas, work orders, procedures, instructions and specifications to determine the applicable inspection, testing, and documentation requirements. Confer with management or engineering staff as needed to clarify/determine quality and reliability standards/requirements.
- Determine methodology and mechanical set up of measuring equipment/fixtures to properly measure dimensions, angles, profiles and configuration attributes.
- Record test data and apply statistical techniques where needed.
- Complete inspection/test documentation/reports with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency in accordance with both customer contract and ARC’s quality requirements. Share such information as instructed with both internal and external customers.
- Evaluate data and write reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- ·Assist in problem-solving and root cause analysis on nonconformities and provide recommendations for actions/improvements to meet quality assurance standards.
- Work effectively with cross-functional team members to communicate the status of inspection activities and help prioritize work.
- Must demonstrate skills in mechanical set-up and the use of various measuring devices/equipment; such as calipers, micrometers, height gages, radius gages.
- Use of CMM and optical measurement systems and general knowledge of GD&T is a plus.
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy and completeness of work.
- Must demonstrate appropriate/professional communication skills both written and verbal to address internal and external customer issues/requirements.
- · Must demonstrate the ability to work independently with little supervision while keeping management informed.
- · Must display a sense of urgency and responsiveness to ensure commitments are met in a timely manner.
- · Previous experience in an ISO 9001 / AS9100 facility is a plus.
- · Experienced with MS office tools (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a mechanical inspector.
- Ability to use calipers, height gage, and micrometers as well as interpret engineering drawings.
- Experience using Coordinate Measuring Machine and/or Vision Measurement System.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Security Clearance.